How to Complete the Combined Employer Report of Contributions Form
of Form AM 1032 and Continuation Sheets Form R-3B (if used)
must be mailed to the Bank on or before the fifteenth (15th)
day of the month following the close of the month, which this
report covers. Failure to remit your contributions will result
in the assessment of Liquidated Damages and interest as specified
in the Trust Agreements.
- Reports must be submitted each and every month, even though no hours have
been compensated during the month. If no Cement Masons were employed during this period, check box at top of form, sign and
- The hours reported must include all hours compensated during the period
covered by this report.
- Copies of Form AM 1032 and copies of Form R-3B (Continuation Sheets) must
be carefully preserved by the Employer at his principal place of business and should at all times be available for inspection by
duly authorized representatives of the Trust Funds.
- All payments should be sent to the Bank. All correspondence relating to
such payments or to any of the Funds should be addressed to the administrative office. Please refer to your Identification
Number when corresponding.
- Owners, partners or supervisory personnel above the rank of foreman, may be
reported on the basis of 160 hours per month, regardless of the number of hours worked during the month. Reference should be
made to Section 8, Subsection F, of the Cement Masons’ Master
Agreement. Otherwise, only employees performing Cement Mason's covered work
should be reported to the Funds.
- Report details of any change of ownership or activity on reverse side of
page 1, or on separate attachment.
Instructions for Preparing this Report
- EMPLOYER’S NAME, ADDRESS AND IDENTIFICATION NUMBER -
Enter the Employer’s name, business address and identification number unless shown on the form when received. If
incorrectly shown, make any changes necessary to correct name or address.
- MONTH - The month covered by this report should be shown
here. If incorrectly entered when the form is received make the necessary change.
- SIGNATURE - This report must be signed by (1) the
individual, if the employer is an “individual”, (2) the president, treasurer, or other officer if the employer
is a corporation; or (3) a responsible and duly authorized member having knowledge of the firm’s affairs if the
employer is a partnership or other unincorporated organization. The signer’s title and date on which the report is signed
must also be shown.
- TOTAL HOURS SUBJECT TO CONTRIBUTION - The total of all
hours reported on all pages MUST agree with the total reported herein.
- TOTAL AMOUNT - Enter in Box 5, the total amount (Item 4 at
hourly rate indicated).
- ADJUSTMENTS - Any adjustment made necessary by reason of error on any previous
report shall be detailed on a separate sheet of
paper. Information to be included: work month, employee(s)
name, social security number and number of hours to be adjusted.
- AMOUNT - Enter here Item 5 plus or minus any adjustments
noted under Item 6. Add amounts shown in each of the boxes together and enter in total box. One check for the total amount must
be forwarded to the Bank, as per advice contained under General Instruction Item E, together with the original of form AM 1032
Combined Employer Report of Contribution.
- EMPLOYEE’S SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER - Insert the
employee⁏s insurance account number issued to him by the Social Security Board.
- NAME OF EMPLOYEE - Please insert last name first, then
first name, and middle initial.
- HOURS COMPENSATED - For your convenience the form contains
5 columns which can be used to enter the number of hours compensated during the 4 or 5 payroll periods covered by your report.
However, for the Funds’ purpose, only the total hours compensated as shown in Item 11 is required.
- TOTAL HOURS COMPENSATED - Report the total hours
compensated for each employee during the payroll periods ending within the month. Owners, partners or supervisory personnel
covered under the Funds should be reported on the basis of 160 hours, regardless of the number of hours worked during the
payroll periods ending within the month.
- TOTAL NUMBER OF HOURS - Hours on all pages under Item 11
should be entered here.
SECTION 227 OF THE CALIFORNIA LABOR CODE PROVIDES AS FOLLOWS:
“Whenever an employer has agreed with any employee to make
payments to a health or welfare fund, pension fund or vacation plan, or other such plan for the benefit of the
employees, or a negotiated industrial promotion fund, or has entered into a collective bargaining agreement providing
for such payments, it shall be unlawful for such an employer willfully or with intent to defraud to fail to make the
payments required by the terms of any such agreement. A violation of any provision of this section where the amount the
employer failed to pay into the fund or funds exceeds five hundred dollars ($500) shall be punishable by imprisonment in
the state prison for a period of not more than five years or in the county jail for a period of not more than one year,
by a fine of not more than one thousand dollars ($1,000) or by both such imprisonment and fine. All other violations
shall be punishable as a misdemeanor.